If you’re even loosely familiar with Google Analytics, you’ve probably heard the news:
As of July 1, 2023, the traditional version of Google Analytics—also known as Universal Analytics—has been replaced with something new: Google Analytics 4 (otherwise known as GA4).
This is a big deal.
As a coworking space operator, you’ve probably used Google Analytics in some capacity or another to measure the performance of your website, including:
- User Demographics: Your visitors’ age, gender, and geographic location.
- User Behavior: How visitors are interacting with your website or app, such as the pages they visit, how much time they spend on these pages, what actions they take, and their navigation path through your site.
- Traffic Sources: Where your traffic is coming from, including search engines, social media, direct visits, referrals from other websites, or paid campaigns.
- Conversions: The number of times people book a tour, get in touch with you, sign up for your newsletter, or click on your website’s other calls-to-action.
- User Devices: What devices your visitors are using, be it desktop, mobile, or tablet.
- Events: How users interact with specific elements on your site, such as clicks on a button, plays of a video, or submissions of a form.
In fact, in all the years we’ve been working with clients in the flexible office space industry we can’t recall a single coworking space operator who didn’t have a basic Google Analytics account set up.
It’s essential for ensuring you can bring in new members and build your brand online.
But here’s where things get tricky: the shift to GA4 comes with a pretty steep learning curve since its interface and structure are way different than Universal Analytics.
And, in typical Google fashion, the transition isn’t exactly transparent, meaning it’s leaving a lot of people trying to slowly uncover and navigate the changes.
Spacefully wants to help.
So, we’ve created Spacefully’s GA4 Resource Center: an ongoing collection of articles, videos, tips, insights, and how-to’s that will help you stay up to speed with all things GA4 and explain how you can use it to grow your coworking space—all broken down in the simplest of terms.
To receive the latest updates in your inbox, sign up for our newsletter.
And if you’ve got questions about how to handle the transition from Google UA to GA4 for your coworking space, and more importantly, unlock ways to attract more members to your space, book a free 15-minute intro call today.